Every event that follows an Asian theme, should provide this ahi tuna tartare as an amuse bouche to get the guests excited about the dinner that is to follow. When serving this amuse bouche, you may wish to provide guests with a sip of Chablis or Riesling to aid in allowing the flavor to be appreciated more immensely.
Ahi Tuna Tartare
- 1 Pound Ahi Tuna Sushi grade
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Ginger Grated
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper Freshly ground
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice Fresh Squeezed
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice Fresh Squeezed
- 6 Ounces Yuzu Juice
- 1 Green Onion Sliced very thin
- Sesame Seeds
- Slice the tuna into tiny 1/8" cubes.
- Mix the sesame oil, ginger, salt, pepper, lemon, lime and yuzu juice in a bowl.
- Add the tuna, and stir gently to coat it well.
- Cover the bowl, and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to allow the tuna to marinate.
- Spoon 1 tablespoons of the tuna tatare into tasting shot glasses or amuse bouche spoons.
- Garnish with a few sesame seeds and thinly sliced green onion slices.
- Serve immediately.