This amuse bouche recipe is very quick and easy to make. It makes a fabulous cool crispy treat to present to arriving guests at any wedding event. When you present this dish to guests, you should serve it on a chilled metal platter.
This helps keep the morsels crisp and cool, which is certainly important. One should never serve warm, wilted cucumbers. By keeping the dish chilled, you will ensure that the treat remains crisp and cool. This not only enhances the flavor. But also the crunchy crisp is also very satisfying for the taste buds.
When purchasing your feta cheese, you should always buy only the highest quality brand. The feta provides a very flavorful burst. The amuse bouche can be bitter if one does not use only the best quality of cheese. Valbreso French Feta Cheese is a cheese of superior quality. I highly recommend it for use with this recipe.
If you wish to add a bit more flavor to your dish, you could also drizzle balsamic vinegar or your favorite oil / vinegar based salad dressing over the amuse bouche. A few drops usually is enough to provide a nice burst of flavor, that your guests are sure to enjoy.
This tasty morsel provides a fabulous feta cheese flavor that will have your guests anxiously awaiting the courses that are soon to follow. Weddings are not the only events that this treat can be served. This amuse bouche recipe is a perfect items to serve at the beginning of any event and it pairs well with a crisp dry white wine.
Outdoor picnics and BBQ events are other types of social gatherings you could serve this amuse bouche dish at. When serving outdoors, be sure to store the metal tray in a chest of ice to keep it chilled until ready to serve.
Cucumber Tomato Feta
- 1/2 Pound Feta Cheese
- 1/4 Tablespoon Black Pepper Freshly ground
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 Cucumber Large
- 16 Sun Dried Tomato Pieces
- 16 Fresh Basil Leave Whole
- Peel and cut the cucumber lengthwise. Remove the seeds, then cut into logs 1" wide. Cut the logs into pieces, striving to get 16 pieces that measure 1 1/2" to 1" cubed.
- Place the feta cheese on a platter and sprinkle the black pepper, cayenne pepper and oregano over it. Season to taste.
- Cut 16 cubes and place these on top of the cucumber chunks.
- Place a single basil leaf on top of the cheese.
- Place a small slice of sun dried tomato on top of the basil.
- Secure the layers with a toothpick.