This tasty morsel provides a fabulous feta cheese flavor that will have your guests anxiously awaiting the courses that are soon to follow. This amuse bouche recipe is a perfect items to serve at the beginning of any event, it pairs well with a crisp dry white wine.
Cucumber Tomato Feta
- 1/2 Pound Feta Cheese
- 1/4 Tablespoon Black Pepper Freshly ground
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 Cucumber Large
- 16 Sun Dried Tomato Pieces
- 16 Fresh Basil Leave Whole
- Peel and cut the cucumber lengthwise. Remove the seeds, then cut into logs 1" wide. Cut the logs into pieces, striving to get 16 pieces that measure 1 1/2" to 1" cubed.
- Place the feta cheese on a platter and sprinkle the black pepper, cayenne pepper and oregano over it. Season to taste.
- Cut 16 cubes and place these on top of the cucumber chunks.
- Place a single basil leaf on top of the cheese.
- Place a small slice of sun dried tomato on top of the basil.
- Secure the layers with a toothpick.