A brie cheese appetizer makes for a truly decadent morsel that one can serve to guests. This recipe combines the tang of cranberries, with the nuttiness of pecans. It is served over fresh flatbread with a yummy yum yum brie cheese sauce. It makes a great treat that one can server at a Holiday dinner, but it’s also a wonderful snack that one can enjoy anytime!
Assembling This Brie Cheese Appetizer Is Easy!
You will want to use fresh flatbread with this recipe, and I share with you how to make fabulous flatbread using your cast iron skillet! Click here for instructions.
This recipe also uses fresh cranberry sauce, and a divine brie cheese sauce. When you serve this to your guests, they will be absolutely amazed at your culinary skills!
Cut the flatbread into triangles, then spoon your brie sauce carefully on top of the slices. When doing this, be extremely careful to not let it run off the side of the pieces of bread. You want your appetizers to look as great as they taste!
You’ll next want to place the dill neatly with the end of the sprig in the cheese sauce. Top this with the cranberry sauce to hold the dill on place. Press a pecan half into the cranberry sauce, being careful to press gently so as not to disturb the arrangement.
A nice merlot wine is perfect for serving with this appetizer, as the merlot and brie cheese pair nicely together. Add the zing of cranberries, and the pairing is perfectly harmonized!
When entertaining guests, it’s always a great idea to serve a variety of appetizers so that each guest will find something pleasing to their palate. Yet, If dinner will be served after your guests have been greeted and seated, then this particular appetizer can also be served as your bread course. Simply serve it when you serve your main course, especially if the main course consists of turkey or ham!
Flatbread Appetizer With Brie Cheese & Cranberries
- 12 Flatbread Slices Quartered into 48 pieces
- 2 Cups Brie Cheese Sauce Cool
- 3 Cups Fresh Cranberry Sauce Chilled
- 24 Pecans Break in half for 48 pieces
- 48 Sprigs Fresh Dill
- Arrange the 48 pieces of quartered flatbread on a platter.
- Place 3/4 tablespoon of brie cheese sauce atop the bread pieces.
- Place 1 tiny sprig of dill atop of the sauce, with the end of the sprig being placed in the middle so that it does not get completely covered with cranberry sauce.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of cranberry sauce in the center of the cheese sauce, being careful to not cover the dill completely. Th sauce will help hold the dill in place.
- Gently press 1 pecan half into the cranberry sauce. Serve immediately.