This flatbread recipe does not require the use of yeast, making it one of the easiest flat-breads to make.
No Yeast Flatbread Recipe
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Cup Water Ice cold
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the water and olive oil.
- Cover and allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. Dip each piece in flour, and roll out into a circle that is 1/8" to 1/4" thick.
- Preheat your cast iron skillet on the stove top.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the skillet.
- Begin frying your bread slices for a couple of minutes on each side until golden brown. Add more oil as needed.
- Cool a bit and then cut each slice in half before serving.