This recipe makes a delicious dish for any occasion. The harmonious blend of thyme, orange, truffle and fig in the sauce, brings a flavor to the duck meat that is hard for anyone to resist. The sauce also tastes exceptionally grand when drizzled over tomatoes and fresh fig.
Filleted Orange Glazed Duck
This recipe makes a delicious dish for any occasion. The harmonious blend of thyme, orange, truffle and fig in the sauce, brings a flavor to the duck meat that is hard for anyone to resist. The sauce also tastes exceptionally grand when drizzled over tomatoes and fresh fig.Print Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 4 Servings
Cast Iron Skillet
- 4 Duck Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Fleur de Sel
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 4 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth Homemade or low sodium
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme Chopped fresh
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Unsalted
- 2 Tablespoons Truffle Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Aniseed Ground
- 1/4 Cup Figs Finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice Fresh Squeezed
- Preheat your oven to 230 degrees F
- Cut the skin away from the duck breast towards the middle, on both sides, leaving about 1/2" of skin still attached in the middle to hold the skin in place.
- Slice the duck breasts in half, lengthwise, leaving 1 inch of meat attached on the outer edge.
- Lightly season the breast, under the skin and inside the filleted cut, with Fleur de Sel
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet, and fry the breasts, skin side down, until crispy brown and golden.
- Remove the cast iron skillet from the stove top, and flip the duck breasts over so that the skin is now on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until cooked to your desired taste.
- Allow the meat to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- While the breasts are resting, heat the honey, balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, orange juice, thyme, butter, truffle oil, aniseed and figs in a separate saucepan.
- Slice the breasts, arrange the slices on a plate and drizzle the balsamic broth over them. You can also garnish this dish with fresh figs that have been quartered.
Serving: 1Breast | Calories: 520kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 189mg | Sodium: 3887mg | Potassium: 736mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 11mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @EpicureChefts or tag #Chefts!